Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mangalore Life Begins..........

After Mysore, its Mangalore -(a.k.a Mangalapuram ) now. Yea... I successfully finished my Infosys training which lasted for around 7 months, and got posted to Mangalore. I am no more a trainee, but a fully trained Software Engineer of Infosys!

Mangalore is pretty much like kerala. Just 15km from mangalore is kerala border and Kasargode is just 40km .

Infosys has 2 DC(Development Centre) in Mangalore. 1 in proper city and other one where I got posted , around 25 Km from main city.

My DC is called "Nethra" after the Nethravathi River which we daily see on our way to and back from office! Environment in Nethra is pretty much different from Mysore. The DC is small, just 1200 folks working here. Sometimes I feel like sitting in a mini hill station. The place is so beautiful and on a rainy day, we never feel like working..(sunny days are no different ;))
Watching the rain from our food court is best thing one can do here!

Lot of things have changed since I reached Manglore. Until now, I had in-campus accommodation. Now I am staying with 5 of my friends in a rented house. Its much different from the solitary cell in Mysore.. It had AC,LCD TV.... but it lacked something else.. I dont know what it is, but it definitely lacked something!!

Its not just the climate around me which changed! I myself changed a lot! Back in Mysore , I was only interested in my technical training, and nothing else..not even the 'beauties' of mysore!
But now I am actively looking for beauties :D


This is just the beginning of new life here... Still not allocated to any project.. So mostly enjoying a free worry less life... Things might change once projects start.

Everyday routine is : wakeup @ 5.30-6 , Watch Movie in lap/Reading... Leave to office by 7.45.. browsing internet/check mails till 9 am.. then brkfast from company food court.. Sight seeing(:D), chats with colleagues, back to cubicle checking mails... or doing something in.net/java!! a looong lunch break, then by 6 we leave the office. Back home, its mostly some movie watching..

and eagerly waiting for that project call!!!

...

To be Continued!

(Cijo)

6 comments:

  1. WoW is a plot that гequires more and more than Ηеar thаt copying οnline gamеs οn уоuг own pеrsonal
    computing ԁevice Systеm of rules is incгediblу childliκe.

    Do you Own a Rudolρh cloѕe to Dіsembarгass
    on-line games?

    my ωeb site; game

    ReplyDelete
  2. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a
    friend who had been doing a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me dinner simply because I stumbled upon it for
    him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this matter here
    on your internet site.

    Also visit my homepage; waist height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about facilities available at manglore DC as compared to Chennai and bubaneshwar

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Thanks to Cijo Thomas for putting this information together.

    I am intending to know more about Mangalore DC. Reason for this is that I am planning to get transferred to Mangalore DC from Chandigarh and validating my decision from the info available online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing DC I would like to visit

    ReplyDelete